If you find some good resources (videos or articles) that you would like to add to this list, please add to the Google Document below:
Category 6: CHRISTIANITY COMPARED
- Compare and contrast the Biblical view of Jesus with the Islamic view of Jesus.
- Compare and contrast the Muslim view of God with the Christian view of God.
- Compare and contrast the origins of the Quran and the origins of the Bible.
- Compare and contrast the Hindu view of the nature of man with the Christian view of the nature of man.
- Compare and contrast the book of Mormon’s Jesus with that of the Bible.
- Compare and contrast the Christian view of man’s destiny with that of Buddhism.
- Is the environmental movement in conflict with Christianity?
- Are Christians intolerant?
- Is karma a Biblical concept?
- Do Christians, Jews, and Muslims worship the same God?
- Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Christian?
- Are Mormons Christians?
- What are unique features of Christianity that set it apart from all other religions of the world?
- Respond to this quote from the Quran, Surah 28:67: “However, the one who has repented in this life, and believed, and done good deeds may hope to be among those who will achieve salvation.” http://www.alim.org/library/quran/surah/english/28/MAL
- Respond to the following Richard Dawkins statement: “Religious fanatics want people to switch off their own minds, ignore the evidence, and blindly follow a holy book based upon private revelation.” Dawkins, Richard. The God Delusion. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co., 2006
- Respond to this statement by Buddha: “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” Translation of Dhammapada. No. 165. Karma: A Story of Buddhist Ethics. Chicago: Carus Publishing Co. 1984
- How would you respond to this tweet from Bette Midler? “Men and religion are worthless.” Midler, Bette (BetteMidler). June 3, 2017, 4:15 pm, Tweet. * NEW Question for 2017-2018