If you find some good resources (videos or articles) that you would like to add to this list, please add to the Google Document below:
Category 4: SALVATION
- What does justification mean? Why does this matter?
*3 minute Theology 3.8 What is Justification by Faith? By Three Minute Theology (3:31)
* Justification by Desiring God (5:42)
- What does propitiation mean? Why does this matter?
* Propitiation by Josh McDowell (3:42)
*Propitiation Revisited by Josh McDowell (4:49)
*Propitiation defined from Gal 2:20 – Matt Chandler (1:55)
3. What does redemption mean? Why does this matter?
*Dr. Phillip A. Howard – #62 – What Is the Gospel? (It is Redemption) by Valley Bible Church (4:30)
*God’s Story:Jesus’ Rescue By Crossroads Kids’ Club (3:33)
- What is the meaning of eternal life? Why does this matter?
*What is Eternal Life? By RT MinistriesTV (9:59)
*Truth in Five Minutes: What is Eternal Life? By Brother Branden (4:56)
- Can a person know God?
* Be the Bee #122 Can We Know God? By Y2AM (4:41)
*How Can We Know God? By Explore God (3:30)
- Can a person become right with God by keeping the Ten Commandments?
*7110 – Are the Ten Commandments Still Valid? Bible Answers – Victor Gill by Amazing Discoveries (12:30)
- Does man need salvation?
4. Can a Christian have assurance of his salvation?
*How Can we have assurance of Salvation? By The Gospel Coalition (2:49)
*Can your faith in Christ bring you to full assurance of salvation? By John Ankerberg Show (4:00)
*Stop Doubting God; The Truth About Assurance of Salvation by Global Vision BC (5:45)
- What will happen to the innocent people who have never heard about Jesus and the Gospel?
*What happens to people who don’t hear the Gospel? By The Beat (4:47)
*How will God Judge Someone who has never heard the Gospel? By drcraig videos (4:11)
*People Who have Never Heard the Gospel by Bible Answers with Pastor Mike (5:42)
*David Platt – What Happens to those who never hear the Gospel by Wade Davis (9:36)
- Are all persons children of God?
*Be the Bee #70 Children of God by Y2AM (4:36)
*We are NOT all children of God as Mormon teach until you are “born again” by Contend4 the Faith1 (1:21)
*We are NOT all Children of God Adoption by Sherlock Helms (3:00)
- How many ways are there to heaven?
8. Is praying to God a rational way to live?* NEW Question for 2017-2018
- What is your response to the statement from Linus (Peanuts, comic strip): “It doesn’t matter what you believe as long as you are sincere”? Schulz, Charles. http://www.ramblingweb.com/search/label/peanuts
*It Doesn’t Matter what you believe as long as you are sincere …Dr. Andrew Vuksic by Gospel on the Go (5:04)
*God Did Not Say that by Journey Assembly (2:01)
*All Roads Lead to Heaven by pastobobncc (6:49)
*TJNS – Part 5 – It Doesn’t Matter What You Believe As Long as You are Sincere by St. Timothy and St. Athanasius Coptic Church (37:57)
- How would you respond to someone who told you, “I commune best with God when I am out in nature; I don’t need organized religion to feel close to God”?
NOTE: I haven’t watched but I think this video is what the question we are to respond to is about God Hates Organized Religion by Martin Zender (10:23)
*Bishop Barron on “Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus” by Bishop Robert Barron (8:44)
- How would you respond if someone told you, “Religion is a private personal matter”?
- How would you respond to John 14:6: “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me’”? The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (ESV). Crossway 2001
5.What is your response to the popular wisdom, “God helps those who help themselves”?
*Does God help those who help themselves? By wretched (3:47)
*God Helps those who help themselves? By Cross allegiance (7:16)
- How would you respond to this quote by Rob Bell: “At the center of the Christian tradition since the first church, there have been a number who insist that history is not tragic, hell is not forever, and love, in the end, wins and all will be reconciled to God”? Bell, Rob. Love Wins. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans Publishing Co, 2011
*MSNBC Host Makes Rob Bell Squirm: “You’re Amending the Gospel so that it’s Palatable!” by Greg Hengler (7:02)
*Rev. Franklin Graham:Rob Bell is a False Teacher & a heretic by Greg Hengler (3:23)
*David Platt on Universalism, Rob Bell, Love Wins, Heaven and Hell by WaterBrook and Multnomah (4:24)
*Jesus wins by Tacklebox Ministries (3:01)
*Rob Bell Exposed by Tackleboc Ministries (4:48)
- What is your response to this criticism: “Christians are all hypocrites. Why would I want to become one of them?” http://www.crosswalk.com/church/pastors-or-leadership/ten-most-common-objections-to-christianity-11529850.html/?p=3
*Are Christians hypocrites? My response ! by Sean McDowell (2:36)
*”Why are Christians hypocrites?” by Doug Schaupp (5:23)
- How would you respond to this statement by Michael Shermer? “Play hard, work hard, love hard. . . .The bottom line for me is to live life to the fullest in the here and-now instead of a hoped-for hereafter . . .” Michael Shermer, quoted in Johnson, Chris. A Better Life: 100 Atheists Speak Out on Joy & Meaning in a World Without God. Cosmic Teapot, Inc., 2014. *